Getting Stoned ...

The wall behind my stove , that is . Having done much research <I asked my neighbor> <well , not really> I have found that the distance from the wall to the stovepipe means that my soon-to-be-started stone work does not need to have an air space between the wallboard and the stone . Soon means tomorrow , now that I know what I need . I'll be using stones graded to 2 1/2 inches or slightly less , with a few thicker ones here and there and probably a few thin pieces as shelves . There's a spot just a few hundred yards up the dirt road I live on that has the perfect pieces for shelves just fallin' out of the hillside ...