Getting rid of the neighbor cats

Just because I think of it doesn't mean I do it. Heck, Stephen King is a nice guy but look at what he comes up with.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Only when I'm awake.

Pull the wings off of flies?

-Frank

Reply to
Frank J Warner

Knock yourself out. But I have no need of cat repellant so make it the raccoon/possum repellant. I'm almost out. I used to have a huge problem with those pests until I tried this stuff. It works exactly as advertised and I haven't seen a raccoon or opossum in my yard in nearly five years.

-Frank

Reply to
Frank J Warner

Agreed. I no longer have any outdoor cats and the rodent population has grown horrendously in just two years. I'm in the boonies and for 25 years all my cats were feral strays who wandered up to the house and decided that beds and canned food were really great things to have, at least at night. During the day, however, even in the dead of winter, most of the feral kitties were killing machines. My remaining three are indoor-only cats that I inherited when a relative died. They've never been out and since we have coyotes I just don't want to let them out since they don't show any interest anyway. They do just great with the occasional indoor varmint, but I would LOVE to have the closest neighbor's cat come over and clear my yard. Unfortunately that kitty is getting old and rarely leaves his own acreage, plus there are enough rodents within a few feet of his porch that he has no need to come all the way over here. I WISH I had the OPs "problem".

In other words, no nearby neighbors to piss off with your cats.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Got a life?

Jim

Reply to
Master Betty

no animal shelters near you?

Reply to
LouB

if you were my neighbor and my cat was bothering your garden, and $15 would solve the problem, I'd be happy to pay for the stuff...

Mark

Reply to
Mark

One of my neighbors' cats buries it's "output". The problem is that it does this on my vegetable garden.

I actually went out and bought (ten bucks) a length of chicken wire to surround the garden, but it just hops over that.

I'll be taking the chicken wire down next year and electrifying the garden until the little POS learns to stay out.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

if you were my neighbor and my cat was bothering your garden, and $15 would solve the problem, I'd be happy to pay for the stuff...

My wife well run it over for free.

Reply to
Master Betty

I already have 3 INDOOR cats. I simply can't afford to care for any more cats, plus there's no guarantee that a cat up for adoption would be suited to going outside (used to dealing with coyotes and badgers, etc.)

Maybe we'll all get lucky and your neighbors will run over your wife.

Okay....but not before she gets rid of some of these fu@king cats.

Reply to
Master Betty

"Jon Danniken" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

why not make a "sandbox" to divert them away from your garden? In some out-of-the-way area.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Masterbatey seems to think he's funny. Not so much. PLONK.

All my cats, past and present came from prisons. What a humble bunch.

Darby will walk to the mail box, listen when I tell her something. I'm amazed at how many words dogs and cats understand.

Oh, Jessie met my boat for fresh fish. I miss her.

Gosh cats like fresh fish....

Reply to
Oren

I acquired my only pet cat by marriage....neutered male cat about 8 y/o. Had some bad habits, as did his master, when I joined up. I have never before, and will never be again, a "cat person". Hubby had stacks of important papers on the kitchen counter, some stained with cat urine. Yuck! Cat had habit of jumping onto the dining room table to nap...and, bless his heart, did not like to be scolded. Most gentle, mellow cat I've ever seen. Soon was successful in teaching him to stay off food surfaces and d.r. table. He had horrible infest. of fleas, and tolerated baths and flea dips until topical stuff for cats came out. When I resorted to the strongest flea dip I could find, he tolerated it very well....no fussing or fighting, but he disappeared right afterward. When I searched the house to find him, I found him in the washing machine on top of the clothes waiting to be washed :o)

When he began to lose weight, we took him to the vet and found out he had a tumor, probably cancer. We began to give him special treats, like regular tuna. Within a couple of months, he behaved as if he was in pain, which was only as he got into and out of his box. When he was in pain, we took him to the vet and he was euthanized, age about 13. Hubby was his third owner, two previous owners deceased. He had always been an indoor cat, and I would never have let him out alone....we had an injured, mutilated cat crawl into our condo atrium one night and that was not a pretty sight. There are racoons and coyotes almost everywhere, including the city where I live. A pet lives with humans. Wild animals roam freely. Pets don't belong on the streets, picking up diseases and injuries.

Reply to
norminn

wow...h told me!

Now lets kill some cats!!

Reply to
Master Betty

Ah. A vegan AND a moron. But I repeat myself.

-Frank

Reply to
Frank J Warner

Agreed. Didn't anyone watch the book/movie *Never Cry Wolf* ? I feed birds, and have three cats. I am careful to feed birds in ways that do not create an ambush for the feeding birds, and my three cats rarely catch a bird. What they do catch is the mice that come in from the fields looking for my food supply.

Reply to
Bert Byfield