Getting rid of the neighbor cats

Page 7 of 8

Jon Danniken wrote:

Put a little food out there laced with generic (cheap) diarrhea medicine? Like shoving a plug in their butt.
Lou

You're a real piece of human garbage.
Purchase a large amount of chili pepper and sprinkle it over your lawn. They don't like the smell of it.
--
Dymphna
Message origin: www.TRAVEL.com

have you tried moth balls as a repellent?
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Jim Yanik wrote:

How do they hold the moth down to cut them off?
TDD
On Thu 29 Oct 2009 12:12:09a, Jon Danniken told us...

If you must do something, I think what you're considering is a good idea.
Killing a cat or dog is cruel and needless unless it's rabid.
--

~~ If there\'s a nit to pick, some nitwit will pick it. ~~

Dogs and cats, like humans, can do things that forfeit their right to live. Such things as attacking people, biting children, being aggressive as a common behavior, and others. Yes, relocation or adoption is an option, but sometimes the problem just follows them, and the new owners have a hospital bill. Sometimes the animal can be rehabilitated and trained out of the unacceptable behavior, and that falls under either category, relocation or termination.
To me, any dog that bites me or a child goes either out the door, or in the ground. Saves on drama and second guessing later. Too many good dogs that love people and who are sociable and loveable to tolerate a chain saw who may go off at any time.
Just MHO, YMM(and probably does)V
And don't give me any shit about poor pet owner. I currently own a Corgi who the adoption agency would not accept because he's a biter, and a Lab who's dying of cancer. I like dogs. Just not ones that I have to stay awake over.
Steve
On Sat 31 Oct 2009 04:20:10p, SteveB told us...

I don't totally disagree. However, putting down an animal humanely is far different from poisoning, shooting, or beating them to death.
--

~~ If there\'s a nit to pick, some nitwit will pick it. ~~

wrote

Absolutely. Don't forget that a large % of cattle are killed by shooting before slaughter.
Steve
On Mon 02 Nov 2009 07:31:38a, SteveB told us...

aggressive
and
far
Speaking of which, one of my favorite cats had some sort of episode last night, either stroke or heart attack. We took him to the vet at 7:00 this morning. The vet concurred, and we had to have him put down.
--

~~ If there\'s a nit to pick, some nitwit will pick it. ~~

wrote

My condolences. I have a pussycat Labrador that has cancer, and I will have to load her in the car one of these days and take her for her last vet visit. I hope someone can do that for me when it's my time. Just give me a shot and let me doze off. I have had two cousins in the past month do Death With Dignity in Washington state.
When it's time to go, it's time to go. Cat or human, and no one should have to suffer.
Steve
wrote

Wow!...I had no idea Death with Dignity existed. Good for Washington! It's a step in the right direction.
Jim

Not familiar with Jack Kevorkian?
Oren wrote:

Jack ain't death with dignity- he is a freaking ego-driven circus. In this age of the internet, a few minutes online can probably get you all the technical instructions you need for a painless exit, rather than some rube goldberg contraption in the back of a VW microbus.
Is Hemlock Society still around?
-- aem sends...
wrote

Oren, were you born an asshole, or did you just practice a lot?
Steve
On Mon 02 Nov 2009 02:04:33p, SteveB told us...

I'm sorry about your Lab, Steve. And I share the same feelings about our own fates.
--

~~ If there\'s a nit to pick, some nitwit will pick it. ~~

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 00:12:09 -0700, in alt.home.repair you wrote:
:Any suggestions besides trapping and drowning or shooting the little pieces :of sh*t that poop in my garden and pee in my carport? : :I'm considering getting one of the "havahart" electric fence jobs and :zapping them until they get the message they are no longer welcome here. : :Any other suggestions? : :Jon
It has never occurred to me that a neighbor's cat was a problem and that I should do anything to chase it away. I have a garden, and I'm unaware of cats being a problem. OTOH, squirrels have been eating my veges. Cats would only discourage the squirrels.
Dan
PS Dogs are another animal. They crap on my property and they are not welcome. Not many running around unleashed (it's illegal here), but neighbors seem to let them crap on my front lawn. I'm not ready to build a fence in front, though.
Email: dmusicant at pacbell dot net
Dan Musicant wrote:

One of my neighbors has a dog who occasionally takes a poop on my lawn. She not only picks up that poop, but she'll pick up poop left from other dogs, too. I asked her why she did it, and she said it was to make sure that people don't get the bad idea from the idiot owners.
I thought that was pretty cool.
Jon

Unfortunately,that sort of people are rare. Most dog owners find the closest piece of grass not near -their- abode for their dog to dump on,and walk away without qualms about not cleaning up.
That's my 30 yr long apartment experience with neighbor dog owners. Maybe 5-6 owners in 30 yrs who picked up after without being asked or even knowing anyone was watching them.
I've had neighbors who let their dog crap on the entryway sidewalk,on the sidewalk to the mail kiosk,on the concrete pad in front of the mailboxes,right at the bottom of the stairwell,in front of patio doors... and they don't see any problem with that.
But they sure get mad when it's dumped right back in front of THEIR doors.
B-)
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik