Getting Rid Of Rodent Pests

Page 1 of 2

I tripped across one fellow's solution to a rodent pest problem that also supplies endless hours of entertainment.
http://tinyurl.com/cdjbsk
TDD

next time post the preview link. What dope is going to take a chance on your hidden link?
Stepfann King wrote the following:

You don't know the Daring Dufas? He's been here long enough for me to trust him.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Stepfann King wrote:

Why? I'm not going to post a link to something that would damage someone's computer. This is not a hacker/cracker group and if you have been on The Interweb long enough, you should have an updated and protected computer anyway. GEEZ! It's so simple to block nefarious content that I don't even think about it anymore.
TDD

== Besides that, the link doesn't work for me. ==
Roy wrote:

It's the animated .gif of someone killing/maiming a squirrel with a colander and several lengths of surgical tubing. The squirrel goes into the collander, and is then lauched high and far, likely suffering broken bones and internal injuries which cause it's death after much suffering.
It's probably really funny if you are 14, or a sociopath.
Jon

It's a repost of what was a series on squirrel control. Funny if you're into that kind of thing. I have no idea whether this one would have really hurt a squirrel or not, and I don't care. I have to bicycle around too many stupid squirrels that got themselves squashed by car tires, especially this wet spring.
--
Best regards
Han
Han wrote:

Here in The South we have lots of problems with them chewing up wiring and the other morning I was awakened by a very raucous squirrel wrestling match right outside my bedroom window.
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

Around here people feed them and build them homes. I had one on my front porch yesterday, we stared at each other for a few seconds while both of us had our mouths full of food.
Jon
On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 21:05:50 -0700, "Jon Danniken"

No simmered squirrel in brown gravy and biscuits?!
On Sat, 03 Apr 2010 22:03:42 -0500, The Daring Dufas

Southern flying squirrels are not from Nebraska. I've seen them chew through aluminum at the base cover of a lamp post. Government property, no less ....
Oren wrote:

I'm not talking about those wimpy little flying rats, these are big old grays that carry switchblades! We live near a bird sanctuary where there are a lot of owls and I saw one of these squirrels knock the crap out of one of those owls. I thought it was a funny looking cat.
TDD
On Sat, 03 Apr 2010 23:25:42 -0500, The Daring Dufas

I understand. Out here in the west "tree rats" jump onto the house and eat many things in sight -- in the attic. Some folks thought they were squirrels. In fact they are tree rats, and have caused plenty of damage to homes.
Not squirrels, RATS!!
Suirrels are just rats with fluffy tails. The same thing applies to all rodents. Stop feeding them.

Stupid Jeffrey Dahmer shit. There is no reason to be laughing at killed animals.

Was that sentence aimed at me? If so, I don't understand why.
--
Best regards
Han
Jon Danniken wrote:

I doubt the squirrel is injured, I've seen those critters do some incredible acrobatics. A squirrel is quite light and will land on its feet from great heights much better than a house cat. I would bet the squirrel liked it and came back for more.
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

How could he keep coming back time after time if he was injured??? :-)
Bob F wrote:

Good grief! What makes you think the critter was injured? I don't remember if I've had any before but around these parts, squirrels are considered a delicacy. Hummmm, what was that stuff I liked so much at the Chinese restaurant?
TDD
message

All it takes is a home "in the woods" with an unlimited supply of squirrels, combined with a bird feeder and sunflower seeds. They were cleaning me out. The solution evolved, but ended up being a 130# Rotadore (Lab/Rot) dog with a fondness for warm squirrel, a favorite window, a .177cal air rifle with target pellets, a 10X scope sighted in and a TV camera looking at the feeder. When Mr/Mrs Squirrel would come calling, daily, a head shot with the pellet rifle would drop them from the feeder. The sound of the rifle's mild report brought the dog on the run, giving her a little appetizer. She'd eat what she wanted, lick up any blood and would bury the rest out in the boondocks.
--
Nonny
Suppose you were an idiot.