getting rid of rats

Page 2 of 4

wrote in message

Right, it is not for pressure, only thinning. You must be tested frequently also to be sure it is not too thin as that becomes dangerous. It is often prescribed along with an aspirin to "fine tune" the viscosity. Patients will get a PT test prothrombin time from once a week to up to six weeks depending on stability. Cardiac patients, those at high risk of stroke and those with certain blood disorders use it.
replying to Edwin Pawlowski, CharlieBear wrote: High blood pressure leads to a higher risk of a stroke, so Warfrin to prescribed to thin the blood and prevent clots forming, clots forming and breaking loose are the cause of strokes.
On 6/6/16 9:44 PM, CharlieBear wrote:

Anti-coagulants like warfarin are regularly though mistakenly called blood thinners. Blood ain't no thinner, it just clots slower.
--
We've produced a generation of young people who are delicate little
snowflakes.

Maybe if you compare the average density of blood with hard clots to blood with soft clots or almost clots, the latter might be lower in density, thus "thinner". Even though the liquid part of the blood is unchanged.
On Wed, 08 Jun 2016 20:01:36 -0400, Micky

replying to Bob F, Jean wrote:
Correct! Blood thinner.
On 11/23/2016 10:14 PM, Jean wrote:

Sorry to have to inform you, but Bob F had a massive stroke and passed away in November of 2006. Doctors prescribed Coumadin but he refused to take it as he felt like a rat when he did. There was no viewing because there was a quarantine do to bubonic plague.
On 11/23/2016 10:56 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Rat poison mentioned is an anticoagulant but not coumadin. I knew a guy that died a couple of years ago that refused to take coumadin but don't know if stroke did him in.
Do wish we did not see all the old homeowners hub crap.
On 11/24/2016 9:03 AM, Frank wrote:

Coumadin is the brand name for warfarin. anticoagulant.

No, it's not. It's given to humans to prevent clotting.
--
Regards,
replying to maradcliff, Jean wrote: It is used as blood thinner to prevent strokes.

Without a doubt.
Bob
snipped-for-privacy@charter.net says...
:) :) Anyway, the dogs she has are small. She had one of the dogs eat one :) of the mice. The vet has told her that the dogs would have to eat :) more than one to be in any danger. She was not going to take a chance :) on poison one of her pets. For the second generation anti-coagulant baits; bromadiolone,diphacinone, brodifacoum for the most part, the amount of bait ingested before treatment is advisable is 5-10% of the animals body weight. A ten pound animal would need to eat 8-16 ounces of actual bait (8-16 of the one ounce blocks). Or, if the rodents in question had fed exclusively on the rat bait for several days and the pet ate then a ten pound animal would need to consume 22-44 mice or 9-18 rats to reach the 5%-10% window. :) She plans to put down sticky strips next. If the pets happen to get stuck to the sticky board, vegetable oil will help dissolve the glue. :) I was most interested by your ace in the hole. Antifreeze. I would :) be interested if anyone has knowledge if Antifreeze would pose the :) same danger to house animals as poison does.
Very dangerous to do, the pets will be actually attracted to the solution and very little is lethal.
--
Lar

to email...get rid of the BUGS

Absolutely without question proven. It has a sweet smell/taste to cats & dogs. They will eat it. Death can occur within 24/48 hrs I believe. Usually by the time you notice they are sick it's too late even under a vets care.

Yes, it does. It's particularly toxic to cats, but it's hell on dogs too.
--
Regards,
On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 11:45:39 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

Our water authority advocates vehicle maintenance to avoid anti freeze and oil leaks as our run off water returns to Lake Mead (water quality/drought).
As a side note they mentioned the danger to pets in a flier sent out. -- Oren
Yes, antifreeze works also on cats, dogs, small children, and babies.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

What about in-laws? Does it work on in-laws?! Come on! Give it up!!!

You have to put a lot of gin in the Prestone to get your mother in law to drink it.
replying to Terry, Don wrote: Antifreeze kills dogs, too. It tastes sweet to them.