getting rid of %&^% raccoons?

Page 2 of 2
we catch them in a havahart trap and relocate them..lucas
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in 3258.bay.webtv.net:

That is very illegal in most jurisdictions and is considered cruel. Racoons are pack animals and you are dumping them in another packs territory and probably just handing the problem to asomebody else.
Better to trap them and put the trap in a barrel of water after eliminating the reasons for attraction. I have a dog, no racoon problem and they are pests, last I heard 25% of them are carrying a disease that has some nasty effects on humans and pets.