Getting Rid of Gophers

Page 2 of 2

Interesting you should mention that....I remember seeing the darn things sitting on the fence in front of a college campus in San Jose, CA....That place must have a million people or so. But I did live in a remote area in the Santa Cruz mountains about 40 miles from SJ,CA (now a Central Florida resident)....and you could hear the owls at night. Once in awhile we would get a mole or gopher but nature took it's course and the owls had dinner!.....take care, Ross
Ross Mac wrote: ...

Don't know what their favorite target will be there, but if there are rabbits, mice, skunks, and other nocturnal above ground critters, they're far more likely to take them than moles or gophers. Not that they won't if given the opportunity, but the stay above ground so little, the flying-hunting owls don't wait around specifically for them...
What is most effective for them are the rattlesnakes, at least here. I don't much care to have them in the yard around the house, either, although I don't discourage them around the barn, etc., where rodents are more of an perpetual issue. And, of course, they're not active during the winter when the gophers are making hay, so to speak... :(
g wrote:

If you live in the right area and its safe to do so, just sit outside quietly in a chair with a 12 gauge pump across your lap and plenty of #8 skeet loads - should be fun. Eric
--
I am Locutus of Borg
Your life as it has been is over

There ya go Eric....I met an engineer once that said he didn't want to live anywhere that he couldn't shoot his shotgun from the porch or piss in the yard....I know...a bit rude...but it was funny over lunch....enjoyed your post...Ross
Hire Bill Murray. Make a movie.
More seriously, did you try a web search? www.google.com is your best friend.
--

Christopher A. Young