Getting rid of cat smells

I just evicted a renter because they had cats in my furnished house in

> violation of the rental agreement. I got what damages $ I could from the= m. > The mechanical damage I can handle, but how do I get rid of the terrif= ic > stink? The only way I can stand to be inside the house is with a big fan > blowing air in the door. I have treated the rugs for fleas, and think I > have them down. Will I have to discard the furniture and rugs?

HELP! HELP! HELP! In a condo I own the tenant's 2 cats and 1 dog urinated to a 70% penetratio= n rate on ceramic tile on the first level, the gypsum concrete on the secon= d level and the plywood subflooring on the stairs and third floor. This ev= idently happened over a three year period. Do I need to replace all the flo= oring?

Reply to
daveymistry
[snip]

Holy crap, is that really a 14 year span for a response?

This has gotta be a record.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Nothing is unexpected from goggle gropes.

Reply to
krw

if google requires me to move to new groups withot a option to use the old format i am done posting on any google group........

the new format is a bug ridden mess

Reply to
bob haller

So was the old format. This is usenet, remember? It isn't designed to be accessed from a web browser at all.

Reply to
Smitty Two

By all means, get the hell off GG. Use a real news server (plenty of free ones) and a real news reader. Do us all a favor.

Reply to
Dan Espen

So, just what is your excuse for using that shit?

Reply to
krw

i like the existing format which works well for me.......

Reply to
bob haller

to get rid of any urine odors, cats dogs humans etc.....

pull everything from the space, remove and discard carpets etc,........ scrub area totally

sand floors lightly coat with OUTDOOR POLYURETHANE.

Prime walls with oil based BIN or KILZ primer sealer.

even coat concrete floors after cleaning with outdoor poly.

This is what the professional fire restoration crews do.

its impossible to wash away urine odors, the only effective treatment is coating surfaces and enscapalting them forever......

incidently i have had to do this.....

use outdoor poly because its water proof, regular poly can and does soften in wet weather, like high hmidity days and the odors reoccur

Reply to
bob haller

It may be working for you but creates a mess for others. GG inserts all kinds of junk into posts that make GG posts hard to read.

Reply to
Dan Espen

You don't mind be as selfish as Stormin'? No, I suppose not.

Reply to
krw

The old GG was OK. The new one is crap. I have given up on it and use Evening September now.

Reply to
harryagain

true, cat's smell isn't good. the owner of that cat should provide some cleaning measures.Perhaps taking a bath his pet well do.

Reply to
jannaK

That last sentence should be required knowledge for any dog owner.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken