getting plaster off trowels

any tricks on how to get plaster off trowels except scrubbing the heck out of them?
--
Cal

Why are you starting a new thread? What wrong with the thread you started on 9/10?
"Hello ng,
I'm in a large plaster project right now and need plaster to come off my tools more-readily. Ideas?
It seems to accrete on the bottom of trowels. I sand drywall knives down physically, but I look at that as a method of last resort.
Thx for your comment.
--
Cal"

I just rinse mine under running water, and the plaster sloughs right off.
Of course, I do that while the plaster is still wet, instead of waiting until after it's cured.
On 09/12/2012 05:01 AM, Doug Miller wrote:

bzz
someone started two posts on how to get plaster off trowels, and whoever it is, can't read the replies.
On Sep 12, 7:47am, "Stormin Mormon"

Make that 3. he just started another one entiled simply "plaster".

Wow, that's almost as bad as top posting.
On Wed, 12 Sep 2012 07:46:19 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

It sounds to me like those Mormon schools only teach religion, and never taught you to read. But there is hope. There are schools that teach older persons to read, and even do speed reading. I suggest you enroll. Just ask your mother to look up a reading school in the phone book, and to sign you up.
any help on how to get plaster off trowels?

Eat them, and in a day or two, they will come out sparkling.

This is the third time you've posted the same question.
Either you're a troll just trying to screw with this ng or you have no clue how to use usenet and read replies to your question.
Which is it?
On 09/12/2012 06:53 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

You make a false alternative. That I didn't see a response to this doesn't necessarily mean I don't know usenet. This is a high volume group, so a person can get responses that are dangling on thread a hundred threads down.
However, if you have tips on how to use thunderbird to get the most bang for my time in a.h.r., I'm all ears. I should have just googled for it.
--
Cal

Cal Dershowitz wrote:

Does Thunderbird not have some sort of assumption, errr...alternative, to mark messages as "watch" or some such? The way you sort can help too. For example, you could sort by the "from" field and mark your posts to watch.
--

dadiOH
____________________________

So what was your plan? Were you going to keep posting your question over and over again until you got the timing just right and a response appeared right at the top of your list as soon as you opened Thunderbird?
And if responses were indeed dangling "hundreds of threads down" were you planning to just ignore them and lose whatever valuable information might be contained within?
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and agree that you might not have seen the responses from your 9/10 post even though the first 2 responses came within 2 and 3 hours from when you posted.
However, I responded to your 9/12 2:30AM post within 10 minutes, yet you started a new thread less than 6 hours later. If you can't find a thread that you started a mere 6 hours ago, then either your newsreader is screwed up or, well, nevermind...I won't go there.
People, for most of usenet's existence, have been able to follow threads for days, even weeks via all sorts of newsreader apps, so I'm surprised that you are having so much trouble finding responses to your posts that come within hours, or even minutes, of your question.

I guess I'd have to see how you have Thunderbird set up in order to offer any tips. I switch between Thunderbird on a PC at home, NewsTap Lite on an iPad and the dreaded Google Groups on a locked-down PC at work I often use at least 2 of the 3, sometimes all of them, in the same day. I don't recall having any trouble following threads, even though none of the three machines can sync with each other. I simply scroll through the Subject Line list until I find the subject line I'm looking for.
The one tip I can offer is that Thunderbird has a search feature. I'm not using Thunderbird right now, but I think you can search by Subject Line and/or body text, maybe even by author. Perhaps that would help you find your thread(s) and responses.
On 09/12/2012 01:21 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

What was my plan? I'm not defecting nor plaing chess.

I can't really nderstand much of the above. Maybe I'll bore you with the other things I did tday.
--
cal

On 9/12/12 2:28 PM, Cal Dershowitz wrote:

In TB's toolbar, in the VIEW pulldown, what is checked under THREADS ?? ALL, or THREADS with UNREAD ?? If All, try changing to Threads with Unread, and watch the effect.

Yes. Clean them right after use.
On 09/12/2012 06:35 AM, Sjouke Burry wrote:

bzz