getting old stove inspected

Hi, my wife and I bought an old stove and we need to get it inspected and brought up to code before we can use it. Who does these inspections? We live in Massachusetts. Thanks in advance!

and
live
Ask the local fire brigade; you may also need a building permit to instal the stove. In other jurisdictions e.g. Ontario there is a Wood Energy Technology Transfer group supposed to help such problems.
Do not ask your insurance agent until you have found out for yourself about safe installation and building codes. Some insurance companies are so jumpy about wood stoves these days that they may pressure you to meet code standards for new stoves in a new house.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

On 18 Dec 2004 04:40:02 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Liam2198) wrote:

How old? You'll probably spend more with inspection costs, repair, parts, and efficiency than buying a new stove. Anyway, contact your local appliance repair shop.

and
live
Lets see, gas? electric? wood? coal?
Why would you bring an old stove up to code? Go out an buy one that is to code.

Because it is an old house and we want an old stove that goes with the house. It is a gas stove from around 1912 or so.
go buy a new vermount castings stand alone stove. it looks the part