Getting nut off of bathrrom sink faucet

I have a wall mounted porcelain sink. I want to replace the rigid tube that runs from the cut off valve to the faucet with a flexible steel jacketed one. The problem is there is very little room to get to the nut undeer the faucet. The area uner the sink where the nut is located is in a 12" long by 4" wide by 6" deep. I have a 12" or so long basin wrench where I can just about get the jaw around the nut, but there's no room to turn the jaw. Any ideas on how to get around this?
I was thinking of removing the sink from the wall and working on it where I have more room (it's old and everything could use replacing). How is it attached to the wall? I don't see any bolts/ clamps underneath it. I thought sinks like this are hooked to some type of plate. The wall is tiled.
thanks.
saag wrote:

Yes, the sink is hooked (hung) on a cast plate.
But I would rather cut the existing tube and use a deep socket to turn the nut. If you can't cut high enough, bend the tube back and forth till it snaps off.
Jim

That would get the old one off, but wouldn't I have the same problem when trying to attach the new tube?

have you tried a basin wrench?

...and the OP said:
"I have a 12" or so long basin wrench where I can just about get the jaw around the nut, but there's no room to turn the jaw. Any ideas on how to get around this?"

Hold the basin wrench vertical and not horizontal :-/