Getting gas from my gas tank?

Mark wrote in news:Xns9ADDBA3B0E34Esingsing@194.177.96.78:

Why not just hijack a gas transport truck instead of screwing around with piss-ant hoses and cans hustling a few gallons.

Reply to
Red Green

I forget if it was during the depression or around WWII, but my dad told me that when gasoline was rationed, he would run a 50/50 gasoline/kerosene mix in his car. Didn't run too, too bad, but smoked like all hell and the spark plugs tended to get fouled fast.

Tony

Reply to
Tony Miklos

Yes and those Fordson tractors. Started on gasoline; engine warmed up then changed changed over to kerosene. Tractor had a double tank above the engine with a changeover valve. Also one time ran out of gas mowing the lawn with a 3.5HP Briggs and Stratton; ran out of gas, grabbed the nearest can which happened to have kerosene in it and refilled mower tank. Mower restarted no problem, being warm, I guess, and while it smoked a bit engine ran fine to finish mowing. IIRC never bothered to drain out any remaining kerosene; just filled up with new gas and next time mower ran fine. That mower lasted for many, many years after that.

Reply to
terry

If youve never heard of a 5 gallon gas can, You are mentally retarded.

Reply to
today