Getting cats out of your yard

Page 2 of 3
wrote

The cat has to move to get within range of the sensor. And some IR sensors modulate the sensor to get better sensitivity for really slow moving bogeys.(like slinking cats!)
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik-at-kua.net

To reply by email, replace the word "space" with "renault"

Then keep your *&^%$ cat out of my yard.

Nice thing about being a carnivore is occasionally being able to kill some other lesser animal.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Yep, it's a dog eat dog world from microscopic organisms to humans. I think my woman is cooking ham for dinner today. There goes another pet.
Bob
Be sure to count noses once a week and make sure your children are all accounted.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
(Patscga) wrote:

Many pellet or BB guns can penetrate an animal,permitting infections,inflicting pain,and harming someone's pet. It's cruelty to animals,and in many places illegal.
And bad advice.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik-at-kua.net
in article Xns951E6A00B893Ejyanikkuanet@204.117.192.21, Jim Yanik at snipped-for-privacy@abuse.gov wrote on 7/6/04 7:24 AM:

While it may be illegal, doing the same to the deserving cat-owner is frowned upon even more.
Bill
wrote on 7/6/04 7:24 AM:

so if a deserving cat owner should be shot because their little animal dug up your precious flowers or dirtied your shoe a little, what should we do to say a car theif? burn them at the stake?
get a grip man. be smarter than the cat.
randy

Fat chance!

Cats are now being seen as the single most damaging "exotic" animal to the environment. They will kill everything that they can catch and that usually means you will be overrun with rats after a while. With all the birds, rabbits, squirrels and such dead the only animal left to eat the available food is a rat and they can reproduce faster than cats can eat them if they have the food..

the sky is falling!!! the sky is falling!!!
randy

If you live in a neighborhood with a bunch of stray cats and all of the wildlife is gone you do think it is serious. Folks in the environmental community are very concerned when you change the balance that much. It has bleeding heart liberals out trapping cats. They do take them to animal "shelters" instead of simply killing them but the result is the same. People have as much business sending their cat out to kill as someone would turning loose a python or a pit bull.
Greg wrote:

I hate irresponsible pet owners who do not control their pets or fix them. I live next to wilderness provincial park. Stray cat? Koyotes will take care of them in couple of days. Also you can devise a sprinkler which will squirt water when motion is detected. My problem is wild bunnies eating my flowers. Had to erect chicken wire fence around garden and flower beds. Tony
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Greg) wrote in

Yes,it's really easy to blame it on the cats,instead of other causes like loss of habitat,food sources.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik-at-kua.net

I suppose this all depends on where you live but around here habitat and food is not an issue.

are cats native to your area? probably not. who brought them there? people. why are you overrun with stray cats? people let it happen.
its a people problem not a cat problem.
randy

Absolutely true, but people brought the Brazillian peppers, Kudzu and Nile Monitors here too. That doesn't mean we don't need to control them by removing the exotic species. (they won't let us remove the offending people)

??!?
As if cats are indigenous...
If you want to take your ecological nature's-balance viewpoint, why not blame it on the lack of enough natural predators to keep the cat population down.
Banty