Getting cats out of your yard

$84.99 is a little steep, but factoring in the entertainment aspect, it becomes reasonable. I have a problem with my two dogs going to the gate at

0600 and barking at the kids going to school. I think I am going to try one.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Fat chance!

Reply to
HA HA Budys Here

Cats are now being seen as the single most damaging "exotic" animal to the environment. They will kill everything that they can catch and that usually means you will be overrun with rats after a while. With all the birds, rabbits, squirrels and such dead the only animal left to eat the available food is a rat and they can reproduce faster than cats can eat them if they have the food..

Reply to
Greg

the sky is falling!!! the sky is falling!!!

randy

Reply to
xrongor

If you live in a neighborhood with a bunch of stray cats and all of the wildlife is gone you do think it is serious. Folks in the environmental community are very concerned when you change the balance that much. It has bleeding heart liberals out trapping cats. They do take them to animal "shelters" instead of simply killing them but the result is the same. People have as much business sending their cat out to kill as someone would turning loose a python or a pit bull.

Reply to
Greg

Hi, I hate irresponsible pet owners who do not control their pets or fix them. I live next to wilderness provincial park. Stray cat? Koyotes will take care of them in couple of days. Also you can devise a sprinkler which will squirt water when motion is detected. My problem is wild bunnies eating my flowers. Had to erect chicken wire fence around garden and flower beds. Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

definately do a web search, they can be found much cheaper.

Reply to
Curt Martin

"Curt Martin" wrote

What keywords do I use?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

It's a motion detector head and a 120v sprinkler valve. They are Home Depot parts.

Reply to
Greg

I used "motion activated sprinkler", but I think you could build one for about half what you could order one for...if you're into building stuff like that.

Reply to
Curt Martin

The vet told us to use a sqeeze lemon full of Tabasco sauce to make our English Sheep Dog stop barking. After awhile the dog developed a taste for it (like me!) and backed to get more.

Reply to
William W. Plummer

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Greg) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m15.aol.com:

first time I ever heard cats blamed for rat over-population. Generally,anything they catch is sick or distressed anyways. All my cat catches is lizards. I'd like to see a housecat catch a healthy squirrel or rabbit. Maybe immature ones.

The feral cats around here haven't gotten the squirrels,there's lots of them around.(the cats would rather raid the dumpsters)

Reply to
Jim Yanik

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Greg) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m12.aol.com:

Yes,it's really easy to blame it on the cats,instead of other causes like loss of habitat,food sources.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

I suppose this all depends on where you live but around here habitat and food is not an issue.

Reply to
Greg

You don't get adult rabbits if the babies all get killed

Reply to
Greg

are cats native to your area? probably not. who brought them there? people. why are you overrun with stray cats? people let it happen.

its a people problem not a cat problem.

randy

Reply to
xrongor

Absolutely true, but people brought the Brazillian peppers, Kudzu and Nile Monitors here too. That doesn't mean we don't need to control them by removing the exotic species. (they won't let us remove the offending people)

Reply to
Greg

??!?

As if cats are indigenous...

If you want to take your ecological nature's-balance viewpoint, why not blame it on the lack of enough natural predators to keep the cat population down.

Banty

Reply to
Banty

Stop by sometime. My cat catches fully grown squirrels and leaves them on the steps as a present for me. She also catches a variety of other pests and treed a coon a couple of weeks ago. Good kitty.

Bob

Reply to
rck

Which brings me back to the rats. What do you think is going to eat the food the squirrels and other "pests" are not eating. One thing about nature is, it will always send something in to fill a void. Usually the survivor is worse than the original species. BTW my dog loves cats, they are so much fun to play with. There is the "throw it in the air and catch it" game, hold him down and lick him and the ever popular "shake it up baby"

BUT they have to come in my yard to play. I control my pet.

Reply to
Greg