"Get out of my shower!"

From the Wall Street Journal:
"In May, the DOE stunned the plumbing-products industry when it said it would adopt a strict definition of the term 'showerhead' in enforcing standards that have been on the books—but largely unenforced—for nearly 20 years."
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704913304575371462611463490.html
So much for the dude selling shower heads at up to $5,500 (24" in diameter, 365 nozzles).
Add pictures here
âś–
On 10/4/2010 8:37 PM, HeyBub wrote:

2.5 gallons per minute at 80psi, interesting since most water pressure regulators for homes and business are factory adjusted to 50psi which I do believe would deliver a lot less water. I always remove the little restrictor in a new shower head. I even have one I take with me when I travel along with the tools to change the shower head in the motel room.
TDD
Add pictures here
âś–

Get it while the getting is good:
http://www.seventhavenue.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=10595&keyword=62977&fpi=10595&catCd =
Add pictures here
âś–
On Mon, 4 Oct 2010 19:23:49 -0700 (PDT), Molly Brown

This is how they deal with it in California
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/california/Tahoe%20water%20restrictions.jpg
Add pictures here
âś–

Heres the script from the Seinfeld showerhead episode:
(you need to find a Serbian selling illegal showerheads, the "Commando 450")
New scene.
Kramer, Newman and a 'salesman' are at the back of a van in an alley.
Salesman: All right, I got everything here. I got the Cyclone F series, Hydra
Jet Flow, Stockholm Superstream, you name it.
Jerry: What do you recommend?
Salesman: What are you looking for?
Kramer: Power, man. Power.
Newman: Like Silkwood.
Kramer: That's for radiation.
Newman: That's right.
Kramer (pointing to the largest one): Now, what is this?
Salesman: That's the Commando 450, I don't sell that one. What about thi-
Kramer: Well that's what we want, the Commando 450.
Salesman, Nah, believe me. It's only used in the circus. For elephants.
Newman: We'll pay anything. We've got the (hands a wad of money to Kramer)
What about Jerry?
Kramer: He couldn't handle that, he's delicate.
Add pictures here
âś–

I have to laugh at these totalitarians. For perspective, a farmer who waits a few more seconds than usual to shut off his irrigation system uses hundreds of thousands of gallons more water doing so. Household use is a drop in the ocean compared to agricultural and industrial use.
We don't run out of water. The hydrological cycle cannot be stopped.
Add pictures here
âś–
On 10/5/2010 5:52 PM, roo snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Water, like food, is plentiful. The problem is people keep moving into areas where the LOCAL supply of either is insufficient or not reliably replenished. Here in Great Lakes basin, there is unlikely to ever be a water shortage. In the larger cities of the southwest, with arid near-desert conditions, now that they have used up 10,000 years worth of aquifer, there will ALWAYS be a shortage of water. Look up 'carrying capacity' for a better definition.
--
aem sends...

Add pictures here
âś–