GeoThermal ponds

Looking for requirements for building a geothermal pond (pond close loop) . depth , size , amount of water ,etc ?

Reply to
Drew Cutter

Try alt. energy homepower

Reply to
m Ransley

I did . Suggested to go to this newsgroup. oh well.

Reply to
Drew Cutter

At work we have 6- 1 million gallons of thermal storage. Then there is another 2 million gallons of water in all of the piping. This system is used for cooling, water chilled to as close to 40 if as we can. If the power fails and all we can do is pump water, no more cooling added. It takes less than 30 minutes for the buildings to climb in temperature. ( depending on how hot and time of day ). This set up is basically used for peak shaving.

If you want help then your going to have to be specific as to what your trying to do. Where you live and what you expect.

Bottom line water is a aggressive medium. It requires regular maintenance and replacement. We replace all of the innards of our cooling towers every 2 years. That water is treated for a varity of problems. When the temp climbs over ~50 F you loose all dehumidification and cooling.

A well insulated/constructed home will help more than your pond. Since I have to work on this stuff at work I would never consider working on it at home.

Reply to
SQLit

Talk to equipment manufacturers. One thing to common is underestimating a pond and its summer temp and heat load, that often makes systems useless for continued use. You need to do alot of research.

Reply to
m Ransley

Reply to
Drew Cutter