Genie Series II motion light sensor

Hi,
My current Genie Series II garage door opener doesnt seem to have a motion light sensor on the door beams. I also have a wall unit that is just a single button that controls the garge door and nothing else.
How would I go about adding a motion light sensor to my currnet garge door opener? Is this something that can be bought seperately and added? Or would I need a whole new garage door opener?
Thanks
Travis
Home Repair wrote:

Do you mean a safety beam sensor? They work an IR beam, not on motion.
http://www.imdoors.com/tablesafetbeam.htm
Travis Jordan wrote:

Note that these sensors are only for Genie openers manufactured after 1995. The older openers don't have the necessary electronics to handle door reversing, etc. from an external sensor. While you could build such a system up from scratch it will probably be cheaper just to replace the opener with a new one.
Well the Safty beam sensor works, I was just wondering if there was some how an added feature or something that I can add to enable the light motion feature that I miss from my old home...
So when I would walk into the garage the light would turn on automatically...
Hope that makes sense
Travis
Home Repair wrote:

Why didn't you say so? Stop thinking about garage door openers and start thinking about motion sensor flood lights. I have a setup in my garage that cost less than $20. It's mounted on a ceiling joist and it operates two flood lamps whenever I step into the room. I'm talking about the same sort of motion sensor flood lights you might mount on the eaves outside your garage to light up the driveway when you pull up.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Huh, now why didnt I think of that!
Thanks, great idea...
Travis
Home Repair wrote:

Or even easier, just replace your garage light switch with an occupancy sensor (google on that).
Call 1-800 Go Genie
--

Support the Minutemen at:
http://www.minutemanhq.com/hq/linktous.php