Genie Pro 88 Garage door opener parts?

I have an old Genie Pro 88 and need to find a replacement circuit board, but have had no luck, anyone here have any ideas? Thanks, David
david wrote:

Hi, Can't it be repaired? Tony

It's a "field replaceable part" unfortunately they stopped making the part, and I can't find schematics to try to fix it. Dave
david wrote:

Hi, Do you know exactly what's gone bad? Worst comes you can draw out schematics looking at the PCB. Tony, VE6CGX EE, class of '66
"david" wrote

That took a whole 20 seconds :-)
http://www.aaaremotes.com/genseqboarmo3.html
Close! My unit needs the 24350S circuit board, the two are not interchangeable. Thanks, Dave

http://www.genieonlineparts.com/parts.htm carries parts for the PRO88 unit.
Rich http://www.garagedoorsupply.com

Thanks Rich, The part is discontinued so neither has it, the PN is 24350S. Dave

How do you know for sure it's the circuit board? What does the opener do or not do?
Doordoc www.DoorsAndOpeners.com
The door was opening on it's own then stopped working at all. Garage door repairman daid it was a bad circuit board and that he can't get ahold of another one since it's discontinued.

Well if a repairman said the board was bad it must be bad :-) Sadly but that would not always be true. I would put the odds at 1% it's the board & 99% it's not the board from the problem you described.
To me it sounds like a shorted wire or stuck button. Did he disconnect the button wire & the receiver at the motor head? If not disconnect both & jump across terminals 1 & 2 on the motor head & see if the operator works properly. If it does it's obviously not the board.
Assuming it works w/ both disconnected, re-connect the button wire & test unit again. If operator runs on it's own or doesn't work at all, either the wall button is stuck or their is a short in the wire.
If operator works w/ wall button connected, re-connect the receiver to see if the problem comes back. If the problem comes back, remove the batteries in all transmitters & try the wall button. Re-connect batteries one at a time & if the operator takes off as soon as the battery is connected that transmitter's button is sticking or broken (inspect the metal tab on the circuit board under the plastic button to make sure it isn't flattened or cracked.
Obviously you could inspect the transmitters and/or connect the receiver before the wall button, but I would think if it was a stuck transmitter button the battery would be dead by now & the opener would already be working fine (until you put in a new battery).
I hope you tell me that the repairman already did all of this but my money says it's not the board even if he did troubleshoot it this far.
Doordoc
snipped-for-privacy@prodigy.net wrote:

Hi, Reminds me of old IBM motto, "Think (logic)" Good one. Tony