Genie garage opener intermittent

I hope the 2003 guy is still reading. He sure waited long enough for his answer.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Tuesday, June 24, 2003 5:50:57 AM UTC-7, Kevin wrote:

Bought in 2010, it is now 2014 and this and other variations was a intermit ent problem. I finally bought a new control board and still had same proble m. Finally figured out the opto sensing pcb sencing the plastic flag wheel on the motor shaft had to be tilted slightly and taped in place and problem went away.