Genie Garage door opener Screw Drive Connector

I have a Genie Garage door opener that the coupler for the screw drive fell out. I was going to buy a replacement but don't know how to replace it. The opener was installed before I bought the house so I don't have the manual.

Does anyone know how these are replaced and how difficult they are to replace?

Thanks,

Tim

This is the part:

timwilson

Quite simple. They simply snap in/out with the tip of a small screwdriver. Pull the whole drive system down so you can work on it. Pull the power plug, or turn off the breaker that serves the circuit. Disconnect the wiring to the power head (note where the wires go!!), disconnect the "l" shaped piece that connects to the door -- there is a clevis pin and clip for this. Remove the retaining bolts for the case. This allows you to lower the power head to the ground. You might also remove the connection to the bracket over the door, if it is awkward to work on. Lay it all out on the floor or your work bench, and put in the clips. Total time, maybe 1/2 - 3/4 of an hour. You will need a step ladder and socket wrench to remove the bolts to the case, and some of the other parts. While you are at it, lube the screw shaft, etc., which should be done yearly. They suggest a special grease, but I just use normal automotive ball joint grease.

Reply to
professorpaul