"If your unit will not adjust properly, you might need to disassemble the clutch system, clean, and reassemble."
Thanks, Genie!
--ben
On 2009-12-07 06:56:59 -0700, Ben Jammin said:

On Mon, 7 Dec 2009 06:56:59 -0700, Ben Jammin wrote:

Those adjustments are the up / down LIMIT switches, The force limits are small potentiometers (like volume controls) on the controller board..
Use a remote when you are on the ladder
On 2009-12-07 18:03:24 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca said:

My understanding is that the limit switches are on the track itself -- not the body of the unit -- and that the GXL9900 has NO electronic adjustments, only the mechanical clutch adjustment on the back of the unit.
Of course, using the remote is a good tip: I should have thought of that the first time I tried to make the adjustments.
Thanks,
--ben
Well, I had suspected that plastic nut had something to do with it, but it took a good deal of searching to find this.
Before you get all set on finding that 3/4" wrench, grab the 11/16" while you are at it. My wrench set in the garage only went up to 11/16", so tracked to a 3/4" in the house, only to discover it was too big! :-P 11/16" worked.
On Monday, December 7, 2009 7:56:59 AM UTC-6, Ben Jammin wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Hi, I had similar Blue Max which lasted 20 years. It came with a little knobby tool to turn the plastic nut in the back of the opener. Genie Support folks are very friendly and prompt. Did you try them?
This may seem strange, but what does the instruction manual for your door opener say, or have you tried to get a copy from the manufacturer if you do not have one?