Generator Quit.

Sorry if this is not the proper Group in which to post this question.

My Homelite 4400 Generator, with Briggs & Stratton 8 HP. engine just quit. ( B&S Engine,Mod # 147412. Type 1142E1, Code,988601 YE.)

Gas Tank Cleaned.

Fuel Filter repalced

I had sprayed the Generator with a preservative Oil to prevent Rust, since it is outside, but covered,.

It ran fine and suddenly stopped.

I now have no Spark @ the Plug, even after changing the plug.

Any help is appreciated.

Reply to
Saml

Low Oil Cutoff?

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Reply to
Saml

Many thanks for the help in fixing my Generator Problem, to "Speedy Jim", and Stormin Mormon. About 3 ounces of Oil and it took off like it used to.

Reply to
Saml

Just curious. If your generator quit, how are you powering your computer?

Reply to
spamfree

Puter is on the Grid.

Reply to
Saml

Air and gas are mixed into the carb in fairly precise amounts , spraying either into the cilinder is real dumb as it will all ignite instantly on one stroke instead of being pulled in slowly over 10 - 15 strokes Bam. Big explosion, and alot of damage

Reply to
m Ransley