General Electric 47 frame motor

I'm looking for specs for an obsolete 47 frame motor, specifically, I'm trying to find the shaft size.
Any help is appreciated, Roy
RBM wrote:

The info I found only had 2 fractional HP motors - 48 and 52 frame size. Frame 48 is 1/2" shaft with 3/64" key.
A 47 frame should be 47/16 " from base to shaft center-line - a rather odd number.
Doubt that helps any.
--
bud--

I appreciate the effort. I bought an old, thirties or forties, floor model drill press. The thing has no brand name or model on it, so I have little to work with. I'm stripping it down to more or less rebuild it. It currently has a big ass dog of a motor on it, that's clearly wrong and too large for the motor mount. I think someone used this motor because it's a 66 frame, which uses a 3/4" shaft, the size of the bore of the 4 belt pulley it uses. These days there's nothing on the market in a fractional HP motor, with a 3/4" shaft, except a 66. So I'm scrounging on Ebay and I see this guy has a 1933 1/4 HP GE motor, with a 4 belt pulley on it, and has no clue what it came off of. The thing is the exact same color of my drill press, so I'm starting to think that this might just be the missing link, but I can't get a return email from the seller, and I can't find any information on a 47 frame motor. Ultimately, the guy did get back to me, and the pulley is smaller than mine, and the non reversible rotation is wrong, so it's useless to me. I will probably just get a 56 frame and a single belt pulley, and be done with it.
RBM wrote:

If you can find a suitable smaller motor, you can always sleeve the shaft up to fit the 3/4" bore pulley.

I thought about that as well. That's probably the most sensible thing to do, that is of course after I locate the obsolete quill pulley bearing that broke on disassembly. So, if you've got , in your bag of tricks, a source for an obsolete or equivalent ( Fafnir 202PP3 ), do let me know. Thanks
Pete C. wrote:

What about it turning the wrong direction?
RBM wrote:

I had an odd sized old motor from an air handler in an office building built in the 40's. I went to my local electric motor repair shop and they had a rewound motor on the shelf. If it's one of the old motors, it's probably infinitely rewindable due to the design. If you have a good electric motor shop in your area, they should be able to help you out.
TDD

Thanks, it's not something I have, but something I was looking at on Ebay