generac S4002

------------------------------------- ron fletcher\//.

replaced the rectifer but still only 3.5v output.open to any ideas.

Reply to
elliott73

You'll need to get some literature showing the resistance of the rotor, stator windings if you want to test their values against specifications.

Did the thing just stop working or did it sit unused? There may be a need to re-initialize a magnetic alignment of the stator if it sat for a long time unused.

Not sure what the design of the generator itself is without proper documentation.

Reply to
A. Baum

If you didnt use it for 6 months or more I would Flash the Field, google it. Basicly you take a 12v battery and jump it on the proper leads coming out of the generator. I never did it but ive read about it, even Generac has info on it but all units that sit can loose residual magnatism.

Reply to
ransley