generac portable generators

pb -------------------------------------
These Generac portables look great in the store or in ads. Great prices to purchase, but they don't last. Costs more to repair than to replace. I believe it is in the best interest of the consumers in Florida that the attorney general pursue a Class Action Suit against Generac and Home Depot. These companies have sold thousands of generators to consumers that have failed to perform. If you take the time to research generator complaints on the Internet, you will find thousands of letters where consumers have been ripped off by both of these companies who have made hundreds of thousands of dollars selling inferior products and advertising and promoting them to be of excellent quality. As your research will show, this is just not true. Not only have the consumers complained, but the authorized service and repair companies are also well aware of the inferior quality of the Generac portable generators. File your complaint here: http://myfloridalegal.com/Contact.nsf/Contact?OpenForm&Section onomic_Crimes
##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via http://www.thestuccocompany.com/ Building Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 311144 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

When you were shopping generators, did you actually believe there would be no difference between a $3000 generator and a $10,000 generator of the same size?

penny baran wrote:

each and every energy interruption since then. I do take care of the generator and perform routine/preventive maintenance on it.
Perhaps your problem is pilot error.
penny baran wrote:

Do they use Briggs and Stratton motors? What can go wrong? Just a motor connect to an alternator. Not much there to go wrong. Of course some people could screw up an anvil.
--
Claude Hopper ? 3 :) 7/8

On Sep 3, 7:27am, penny_at_baranrealty_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (penny baran) wrote:

What a load of biased BS CRAP you are ass hole advertiser. Mine has 2000 hrs on it wale up hillbilly
ransley wrote:

Maybe not. There is a definite difference in quality between big box Generac and normal quality Generac at least in the case of the home depot units sold for permanent installation. My buddy bought the home depot version and I helped him hook it up. It looks just like the real one and looks like one of those large portable jobsite toolboxes with the flip up lid. We couldn't believe how loud the thing was when we started it. I am very familiar with the sound level of the normal units because I work at locations that have similar sized units that look the same. After some detective work the local service dealer told us that the cases are the same but the home depot units had different manufacturer lower quality engines. He also said those models weren't known for long service life.

Thats BS Generac are loud and are the same at HD or Bozos lawn service.
ransley wrote:

Sorry, no. Since you responded with a kneejerk response I know you didn't even read what I wrote. Here is a snippet to help you out:
"...at least in the case of the home depot units sold for permanent installation..."
I don't believe "bozos lawn service" handles those particular units...
I work at locations that have the same size, same brown color enclosure, same Generac logo label on them and they are *significantly* quieter than the home depot version my friend bought. I know what I heard and I even had my buddy who bought the home depot version meet me at a site to hear what the good version sounds like.
The guy at the repair place showed us the service parts list while explaining the details of the much cheaper engine and I am not into small engines so I don't remember the details.
My educated guess for the louder noise is that it takes significant effort to tune enclosure mounts/baffling/exhaust to minimize noise for a specific mass engine with its specific noise characteristics. If I had to build a lower price unit for big box I likely wouldn't bother doing an enclosure redesign to accommodate the cheaper engines which would lead to much higher noise.
The old expression holds true "you get about what you paid for". There are a lot of cheaper generators out there. Entirely to my surprise, the ETQ I got off ebay turns out to be rather quiet. amazingly so.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Buy the best, cry once; buy cheap, cry every time you use it.
Were I to buy the best, I'd have to cry every time I got my credit card bill, and realize how much interest I'm paying. As a home owner, I use my generator maybe once a year. My ETQ has sat for most of its life. The first time I used it, started on 3rd pull. Ran it dry. The next time was a bit more balky, but it did start up. So, it's got 200 hour useful life. I've got about 4 hours use out of it so far, and that means it's good for the next 172 years or so.
TinyURL was created! The following URL:
http://www.compactappliance.com/ETQ-1000-Watt-Portable-Gener ator/TG1200,default,pd.html?mtcpromotion%20Froogle%3EOutd oor_Living%3EGenerators%3ETG1200&CAWELAID5995202
has a length of 171 characters and resulted in the following TinyURL which has a length of 25 characters: http://tinyurl.com/4aapcn
--