Gene Wilder dies at age 83

Blazing Saddles: No way would that movie be made now.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

My best memory of him is when I went with a group of high school friends (including one in the trunk) to a drive-in movie to see Young Frankenstein during its first run. Definitely the best way to watch that movie, and Wilder was unforgettable in that role.

He had a small but memorable role in Bonnie & Clyde, too. I think it was his first appearance in a major film.

Reply to
Moe DeLoughan

My favorite Gene Wilder movie is The Frisco Kid.

Funny, and miles of heart.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

I agree. Most of what I know about him outside of his movie and TV work comes from Gilda's book. He was a very good man.

Reply to
FromTheRafters