GE Washing Machine Dead During Drain Cycle

Hello Everyone,

When the machine stops to drain, it will not drain. It remains "dead" until the timer advances to the spin cycle. It then drains during spin. The result is a tub full of sudsy clothes. Its as though the motor is getting no power during the drain cycle only. What could cause this.

Kind Regards, Ike

Reply to
Yeki

Bad contacts on the timer at that point in the cycle comes to mind...

If you run a different cycle does it then operate normally? If so, that'll be the cause.

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

Thank you for the reply. It seems to do it on all cycles. The timer was on my mind as well. I'm not sure where to go from here.

Reply to
Yeki

Hi,

Model#?

Older GE washers ( metal wash baslet ) would spin and drain st the same time...newer GE washers ( plastic wash basket ) will predrain out most of the water before going into the spin mode.

If you have the newer GE washer, it is possible something is broken inside the timer and the drain pump is not energized at the correct time.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid