GE Triton XL Dishwasher Problem

Due to some remodeling, we had the power cut off to parts of the kitchen - including the dishwasher. When we hooked up the power again, the dishwasher (GE Triton XL) does not work. No lights, nothing. Everything else works. Is there a reset switch somewhere? We just bought the house, so we don't have an owner's manual. The dishwasher is only a couple of years old. I would certainly appreciate some help. Please reply to newsgroups as my email address is only for spam.

Thanks! Debbie

Reply to
rfisher

Pardon if this is a double post. It seems I'm having problems posting on newsgroups - along with everything else!

We just moved into a home that has a GE Triton Dishwasher. We cut off the power to do some work in the kitchen. After the power came back on, the dishwasher will not work. Everything else is fine. Is there a reset switch? Can someone advise what to try? Please reply to newsgroups as the email address is for spam.

THANKS!

Debbie

Reply to
rfisher

Hi,

Nope.

One can likely be obtained from GE, with a model# and not with the name on the unit.

model# helps.

Any wiring changes?

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

Good point from Jeff. I had some work done in a laundry room below the kitchen. THey had installed a GFI outlet which happend to be where the dishwasher was receiving its power leg. The GFI tripped and killed the DW - cost $45 for the service guys to say, "It's not our problem", and split. I figured it out after kicking my own, copious butt!

Reply to
C & M

our problem turned out to be similar. We paid $50 for the repairman to come out and tell us that 2 wires under the dishwasher had come loose - probably caused by vibration. Whoever wired the dang thing up did a poor job! Took the guy 2 minutes to look at it and "repair" it! It was just coincidence that it happened at the same time we were rewiring some outlets nearby....go figure!

Reply to
rfisher