GE TFX24R fridge leaks water

I have this fridge and it leaks about 2 cups of water suddenly about every 24 hours from the left side front. It doesn't appear to have any broken lines, but I haven't emptied it out and tipped it over yet. does this have something to do with the frost free system? Anyone know of a fix? thanks,
Joe
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

yet.
know
Hi,
That is part of a full model#.

Onto the floor only? Any inside as well?
Definetly check the icemaker and water lines. A common trouble maker is a clogged/restricted defrost drain, but that usually leaks inside and then out onto the floor. Make sure the defrost pan ( may be built under the compressor ) is not cracked and the drain hose is still pointing into the pan.

A frost free problem will certainly allow frost to build up o nthe suction line and this frost will melt and drip onto the floor, but you would likely also loose your cooling inside with a frost free problem!
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Don't tip it over, that's bad for the compressor.
Do make sure that the area underneath the unit is clean and free of dust and debris. Mine was leaking because there wasn't enough airflow over the drain pan underneath.
LL
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

was
Thankx for the update!
On 13 Apr 2005 03:48:41 -0700, "Appliance Repair Aid"

Thanks for the info, I think it was a clogged drain line since ice was forming inside the bottom of the freezer. Cleaned the ice out and no leaks since. Will probably run a piece of vinyl tubing through the drain line to try and clear it better.
Joe