GE Side by Side Refrigerator Freezer Door Disassembly (Ice Maker Controls)

I have a GE TFX27FLL (1990 model year) side by side refrigerator. The ice and water dispenser are in the door. The mechnism is mechanical (mechanical/manual [a seperate plunger for each feature]). The ice dispenser fails to operate when depressed. Initially the dispenser flap failed to reseat after use. Now operating the plunger fails to energize the dispenser. The dispenser is free when operated by hand. The mechnism in the back of the freezer compartment that operates the ice worm drive rotates when turned by hand. I suspect the problem is with the mechanical/manual plunger mechnism within the freezer door. My main question is, must I get to the mechnism from the inside or outside of the door. In either case are there fasteners for the trim or is it all spring clips or some other type of clip that simply need to be pried out. Thanks.

Reply to
Tecnic

Go to www3.sears.com Enter your model number.

You'll find exploded parts diagrams and descriptions.

-Tim

Reply to
Tim Fischer