GE side by side ice maker update

My almost new GE fridge makes ice but won't dispense it and found others had the exact problem traced to the main board in the back. A give away is the loud clicking sound from this board - someone mention its due to a board mounted under engineered (under sized, that is) transformer. One guy had his main board on fire and said its lawyer time - maybe that started the recall. Anyway, I having it serviced under the recall this Friday, hopefully that is it. Otherwise, I'll pay for the service call but have it fixed either way. Really like that stainless steel fridge when its working right.
My old major appliances work for decades but the new ones, almost without exception, only lasted a few years, if at that.