GE refrigerator board

Got a call today from a lady with a GSS201EMD WW GE refrigerator. From a net search, EMD might really be EMB.

In any case, the temp in the box isn't dependable. She had someone out, who replaced the defrost heater. $250 later, it's still not working right.

What's the common problem that goes wrong? And what to fix, next?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:gtfrqo $1n4$ snipped-for-privacy@news.motzarella.org:

Reminds me of the handle of the GE microwave that broke off. The repair lasted just a few weeks. Then the repairguy (Sears) said it needed a complete new door, with a this and a that. Parts were ordered. In the mean time I glued the broken handle back on with gorilla glue. When the repairman came again, he concluded that another essential part was missing and agreed that my repair was more cost effective, and we were never charged for the second repair.

This is going to be my last GE appliance.

Reply to
Han

Not familiar with that model. Does it have any motorized dampers? On my GE profile arctica a motorized damper door broke and resulted in temps too cold in the fridge side. If it broke in a different position it could have gone too warm. At any rate the door was only available in a complete assembly for like $160 so I fab'd a new door in my shop for about $5 and 30 minutes. It's worked fine for 4+ years so far.

Reply to
Pete C.

So what your saying Stormy is: There is a lady that got screwed by a supposed tech and $250 later it is not working right. Now, you want to take a crack at it and see if you can screw her some more. Leave it alone. Let her call a competent tech and get it fixed right the first time. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

NO NO you call a salesman (woman) (person) (whatever) and buy a good fridge, shitcan the GE

Reply to
Rick Samuel