GE Range/Oven Control Replacement ERC3B

I ordered an expensive new clock controller (PN# WB27T10174 or ERC3B) from GE Parts and Service, as a replacement for PN# WB27K5306. Has anyone replaced this part? The "instructions" that came with it is a b&w photocopy, and it appears are only partially complete. They explain how to wire the 5 pin cable, but theres many other connections it doesn't even begin to mention.
The controller is apparently not a drop in replacement, and so there are some obvious differences in the connections. Trust me - when I get done with GE tomorrow, they will know all about how they "assisted" me...
Anyway, my options now have come down to (in order of cost):
1 - trial and error. A painful choice, and one my fire insurance probably wont cover. 2 - searching the web, which isn't yielding much I did find this link, which describes the exact situation I'm in as well... 3 - ask folks on here 4 - call a repairman (assuming he knows how to do it) 5 - send the part back and buy a new oven
Needless to say, tis isn't the season to have to buy a new oven. Any help would be appreciated.
This is for a model JSP26BDW3WH oven.