GE Profile Washer

Hi, I bought a GE Profile washing machine in November 2006. I have had nothing but problems out of it. It constantly goes off balance, the tub comes loose, it doesn't spin all the water out of the clothes, make horrible noises...etc. Has anyone else had this problem? They keep coming out to service it but it is a pain.

Thanks, N

Reply to
NancyFowlkes

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:1179262192.080472.119480 @w5g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

I had a GE Profile that worked for 3 years at the most. The transmission started leaking oil and replacement was more than the worth of the machine at that point. No experience with the balance issue though. Sounds like a design flaw if they can't fix it. Get it working and unload it on Craigslist once the warranty expires.

crabshell

Reply to
Crabshell

GE is pure crap. Home Depot sell 'em cause they are cheap and alot of builders 'want' cheap. Better option is Roper made by whilpool. Cheaper than whil but just as good.

Save yourself some time and cut your losses ..dump it somehow..There are (some) appliance warrantys that have a lemon stipulation in them. That says if you have continual problems you have remidies available.

Reply to
Charles Pisano

GE is pure crap. Home Depot sell 'em cause they are cheap and alot of builders 'want' cheap. Better option is Roper made by whilpool. Cheaper than whil but just as good.

Save yourself some time and cut your losses ..dump it somehow..There are (some) appliance warrantys that have a lemon stipulation in them. That says if you have continual problems you have remidies available.

Reply to
Charles Pisano

GE water machines don't seem very reliable lately, true, but the stoves and refrigators are still good, in my experience.

The last GE water machines I had were a Hotpoint washer ca.1989 (I'm sure it's dead now; left it in a house in 2002, worked fine then, but was getting noisy) and a cheapo dishwasher that was ok, but did leave crud on upper rack items that held water. For water machines, I'd go with Whirlpool and suchlike.

Reply to
KLS