GE Profile Refrigerator Water Filter

I have a GE Profile 21.6 cu ft. side by side refrigerator with a water and ice dispenser. The model is either a TFX22PR, a TFH22PR or a TFT22PR (sorry, they are all on the label in the door). Lately, the water has been tasting off and I suspect that there is contamination inside the line somewhere. Is there an in-line water filter built into these models? I can't find one for the life of me. If there is one, how do I access it? I have even traced my water line back to the t-valve and there is no filter I can see. Has anyone else had their taste of their water go off too, and what did you do?
Thanks for any help you can give.

The GE web site will have manuals you can download.
Phil wrote:

Hi,
You are reading the wrong tag.
http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
http://www.applianceaid.com/pictools/modelnumber3.jpg

If you checked from the back of the refrigerator all the way to the shut off valve and you found no filter = no "inline" filter. If there is no filter in the fresh food section, under or near the controls, your refrigerator may not have one.
On the front, close to the floor.