GE Profile dishwasher not draining all the way

Hi, I have a contractor grade GE Profile dishwasher that is cleaning dishes as well as it ever has, but the water never really drains all the way. It always leaves about 1 1/2 to 2" of water in the bottom. Not a spill/leak hazard, it just doesn't seem right. If I start a cycle and immediately press the cancel button, it will drain a little more out. Do that a few times and it will eventually get down to about 1/4 inch of water. Any thoughts? Anything to try to adjust? Thanks
Check the drain hose for blockage or kinking.
Don't know about GE but have seen some that there was a filter in the bottom that would get partial clogged and water would stand in bottom. So look for such as that could be yoir problem Jack
you are mixing dirty water into your clean water wash water. wash dishes by hand until you fix this with help for you now at:
http://applianceguru.com /
http://www.repairclinic.com/0047_9.asp
check the manual
some models keep a small amount of water in the bottom to cover the turbidity sensor.
autonut843 wrote:

Hi,
No model# posted :(
-Some- possible trouble makers.... http://www.applianceaid.com/gedishdrain.html http://www.applianceaid.com/drain_wash.html
Thanks! Here is the model number. MOD GSD4030Z07WW
autonut843 wrote:

Pay extra attention to these items as they can distort and cause incomplete drain outs....
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&N1081 Piston assembly for check valve http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&N4346 Check valve assembly http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&N'0293 Back flush flapper valve ( this is inside the check valve assembly )
http://tinyurl.com/8rzwx Part breakdown.
I had the same problem and replaced the piston assembly for check valce. The rubber washer was worn. Works perfectly now