[SOLVED] GE Profile Dishwasher error code "2h"

My GE Profile dishwasher worked just fine on Saturday. When I tried to run it on Sunday, the display read "2h" instead of the number of minutes remaining in the cycle. It clearly has power, but it doesn't do anything. I checked some online sites and found others who described this "error code", but no solutions. I followed the directions in the manual to "reset" by both using the reset button and by turning off the breaker for 30 seconds (I left it off for 10 minutes) and then tried again. Same thing.

The GE.com site is useless, since the "error codes" they provide don't list "2h", and none of the DIY repair sites that I've found list that code. Neither does the manual. So...anyone have experience with this or know of a good DIY site? Thanks in advance for any info.

Ignore. Found out that "2h" means a delay of 2 hours. Why on earth anyone would want to delay the start of the dishwasher (when you haven't just run hot water in the sink) is beyond me, but I just caught the kitten stretching up on the dishwasher and pressing several buttons with her paws. Once I zeroed out the "delay" code, the dishwasher started right up. Stupid fur ball. That's why I miss dials. Cats can't turn dials. Well, at least most of them can't.

Reply to
tmclone

That's great news. I also like real turnable dials for every appliance I own. Saves a lot of confusion and MUCH cheaper to replace if needed, and not especially sensitive to power-line surges. Can't think of any reason for electronics on things that are simple.

Reply to
hrhofmann

Still don't think the dishwasher is working properly, since it never started up even after 2 hours (turned it on when I went to bed), but since I don't care about "delay" I don't care if it doesn't work right.

What I don't like is that the electronic readouts "burn-in" after awhile, so unless you unplug the appliance when not in use (not so helpful for an automated /timer coffee maker) so the number pads are rendered illegible in a few years. I love my GE toaster over/rotisserie because it is ALL dials, so the cats can't mess with it. The microwave and the dishwasher are the only "touchpad" appliances I have where the cats can get to them, although they're pretty good about not jumping up on things. The new kitten just likes to stretch. I've got a huge right angle wall of cat scratching/climbing/sleeping areas in a space of about 100 sq ft, but the new kitten still prefers the dishwasher to stretch against. She's kinda dumb. Cute, but dumb.

If it's like mine, you set the delay hours, and then you push the start button to activate the delay. We use it so we can load it up and then delay running it till the middle of the night while we are sleeping. It can heat it's own water anyway.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

We often set the delay in the morning and let it run after we've all gone to work.

Reply to
jamesgangnc

replying to tmclone, Somename wrote: Thank you so much. We had 5h showing on the dishwasher... We couldnt find any info anywhere. Then i found this article and yes... It was the delay! now it is working right. Thanks ya again!!

Reply to
Somename

replying to h, Bruce Kemfort wrote: Once you see a 1H,2H,3H etc. etc. All the way up to the 12H . Here are the steps necessary to clear the timer. The H means there was a delay start set on dishwasher from one hour to 12 hrs. To clear if the start button and light is on for unit, the unit or dishwasher and light must be off to proceed. After you successfully turn the start button off hold down the delay start button and leave off and code will change from 2H to 3H or from 3H to 4H, you need to keep cycling till you reach 12H press and hold the delay timer button one more time and the minutes will appear on the display. Press the start button and close the door, your dishwasher should start.

Reply to
Bruce Kemfort

We had the same problem, only we knew it was a delay, but couldn’t get it to reset. None of the buttons worked and it wouldn’t start even after two hours because we couldn’t press Start Then we noticed a lighted Lock icon under the Heated Dry button. In small letters it says Control Lock - Hold 3 Seconds. Once we did that the controls were released and we were able to proceed. We had pressed that button in trying to get the washer going but had not held it down. We thought the light was simply the Heated Dry indicator, meaning it had completed a heated dry the last time it ran, but that light is above the button. When we looked closer we saw it was a different shape from the regular light which made us look CLOSER and saw the note.

Reply to
david

Lifesaver! Thanks David. You were the last comment and that was the exact problem I was having! Nothing else was working and I thought the touchpad was broken. Thank you!

Reply to
Cyrene

Did you try turning off the power for ten seconds, then restoring it? That usually resets any run amok situations, unless it has non-volatile memory and a bad design.

Reply to
trader_4

Omg! I tried everything! Knew “1h” was a delay, knew about holding start to reset, knew everything! Read online that the top control board was bad, if the 1H stayed illuminated after a reset. I replaced the top control unit (touchpad) and it didn’t do anything!! Still locked. Seen this last comment & thought to myself “I can’t be this dumb?! Can I??” Well, I can… I thought I was holding the lock control button, but I wasn’t. It’s the steam button that locks the controls. Just tried holding that and it worked. Ugh… Thank you!

Reply to
Kevin

when you install your dishwasher, the code you see is flashing 2H and 20. This is because your Dishwasher is on a cycle that will take 2 hours and 20 minutes. Ready your manual. if you move your cycle to Energy saver it will show 1H45 1 hour 45 minutes.

Reply to
Michelp2

Oh thank you. This is the first time I have found an answer to a problem with an appliance that actually worked.

Reply to
Heather

Strange. I also had that 2h and did that turning off of the circuit breaker off then on and it worked. The 2h came off and went back to regular minutes

Reply to
Jason

Some states have lower cost water rates overnight. So when you are done with dinner at 7pm for example, you can delay start it for 5 hours and have it run over night without having to remember to start it before you go to bed. Or if after dinner ppl take showers you can delay it for a few hours without worrying to remember to start it later.

Reply to
Dolfingurl

But that assumes that you either have instant hot water at your dishwasher inlet or use the sanitize cycle which causes the dishwasher to heat the water prior to and continuing during the wash cycles. In my condo, I'm on an upper floor in a corner unit. I often have to run the kitchen sink hot water full open for more a minute before the "hot" water reaches maximum hotness. Otherwise, I'm trying to wash my dishes with cold or tepid water (depending on the time of year).

Reply to
Retirednoguilt