GE Potscrubber doesn't fill

Hi! My GE Potscrubber (GSD3310C05AA) doesn't fill with fresh water. It got stuck in drained position, with some residual dirty water at the bottom. The motor and the pump are working, and residual waste water (no fresh water!) is being recycled and flushed around by the rotating arm. I have done some tests:

  1. Float assembly moves freely, the switch clicks and alternates correctly between infinite and zero resistance.
  2. Water Inlet Valve solenoid - 800 Ohm (I guess it's OK)
  3. Door Switch - I presume it's OK, since after I latch the door the beast hums
  4. Drain Valve - the gate arm moves up and down easily.moves freely, the springs seem to be OK.
  5. Drain Valve Solenoid - 34 Ohm (so it's OK)
  6. Air-gap isn't clogged

Might it be a clogged inlet valve? If not, what else?

Thanks, Marcin

Reply to
mgierdal

UPDATE: I took out water inlet valve. It looked like the solenoid didn't move (if it was it where I looked at the valve part). So it looks like the valve can't get power to move solenoid, and so I measured the voltage on the valve at different time points of the cycle - zero all the time. The question is - should I fight the control unit or just give up and buy a new DW (what is probably due anyway given the age of my current one).

Marcin

Reply to
mgierdal