GE Potscrubber Dishwasher question... help please

I have an old GE Potscrubber dishwasher. We rarely use it .... only when we have more that a few guests. Therefore, even though it is about 15 years old, it has little mileage on it. The last time I tried to use it, the water did not feed into the unit. I made sure that all of the valves feeding the unti were turned on.

I am a handy guy (e.g., fix washing machine, cars, lay tile, etc.) and assume that it can't be a big problem. I assume that the machine has a place where a water hose feeds the unit. I also assume that it has a mesh filter at the connection that can get stopped. I would like to know how I find the location of the water feed to the unit. Also, are there instructions on handling some of these kinds of problems on the net? When I visited the GE site on the Net, I did not find the kind of instructions that would help with my current problem.

Thanks

Reply to
Al Kondo

Hi, Wouldn't first thing to check is water inlet valve solenoid? Infrequent use of dishwasher is not a good idea, it can dry up gaskets, make things stick, etc.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Per TOny's comment the inlet solenoid valve is most likely not letting the water in.

Open the front panel just below the door & see where the freshwater line goes.

When you have location the solenois valve fire up the d/w & tap (gently!) on the solenoid valve / solenoid with a small steel hammer.

This will most likely free up the vavle & you'll be good to go. Leaving water applicances unused for long periods of time can casue problems.

Make sure the vavle closes as well.

cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207

Kill the circuit breaker while you have your hands and hammer in the guts of the machine.

Relight the unit after our hands and hammer are out, and test it then.

Reply to
Jim McLaughlin

Jim-

If you concerned about getting zapped, one need only unplug the d/w.

The units I've messed with have had the water valve VERY accessible, like right in front.

I like to tap on the valve while it is trying to activate, usually one or two taps is enough to do the trick.

I gave the "quick & dirty" set of instructions since the OP seemed (to me) like he generally knew his way round machine repairs.

cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207