GE Oven turns on by itself

Hey all,

I have a GE XL44 gas oven, and it is turning on by itself on occasion even when the valve is set to off. I think it is just a valve problem, but I'm not sure how to replace/troubleshoot. Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks

Jeff C Dallas, GA

Reply to
JC Home

It's probably either a bad connection at the ribbon cable (back of the control panel) or a faulty control panel. GE has had many similar problems with both gas and electric ovens.

Reply to
MrC1

Hi,

Model#? XL44 isn't it.

model# helps.

Shorted wire, bad control would be prime suspects.

jeff. Appliance Repair aid

Appliance Repair Aid

I had the same problem with a GE over-the-range microwave. It would turn on by itself, especially on winter evening when the temperature would drop significantly.

Reply to
Vox Humana