GE Oven igniter bar

I have to replace the igniter bar in my GE gas oven. I can't seem to get to the molex connector without taking out more of the oven than I care to. Can I just cut and reconnect the wires? What should I use that will withstand the heat?
Connsu wrote:

Just replace the ignitor / glow bar on my freestanding (slide in) GE stove top / oven /broiler........the new glow bar was a generic (I think) & can with hi temp sire nuts
btw the cheapest I've found the part is on ebay (after a bought mine online for $85!) for ~$35
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih 7&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item0046175873&rd=1&rd=1
cheers Bob