GE Mini Spiral Florescent Bulb Problem

I bought a GE Mini Spiral florescent bulb to replace a regular 75-watt incandescent bulb. After a few minutes use it starts flashing. I have moved the bulb from one location to another and the flashing continued. Is this indicative of a defective bulb? Two other bulbs (exactly same as problem bulb) operate fine.
Now, what do *you* think Bruce?
Jeff
--
Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)