GE Microwave

Page 3 of 3

http://thesuiteworld.com/dining/mastros-beverly-hills-best-steak-steakhouse-los-angeles/

Applebees cooks their food in the microwave. Well it's already cooked. I'm not sure if they really have a grill.
Greg

There are reasons I don't eat at Applebees. There are too many places that serve real food to bother with those that don't.
On Mon, 18 Feb 2013 06:11:55 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net"

+1
Beef is intended to be broiled, not boiled.

The beef I put in my chicken soup, yes beef, comes out delicious. Probably better than fast cook because of the toughness if you fried it. So tender. Dip in brown mustard.
Greg

Fried? You really don't like meat, do you?
On Mon, 18 Feb 2013 17:25:26 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

And on March 17th, millions of people will be eating boiled beef. Sad, huh.

They don't cook even that in a microwave either do they? They do use the microwave to reheat it though.....

No one said the Irish had a sense of taste. Haggis? Really?!!

You sound like SWMBO. As long as it's not mooing, it's perfect for her. I prefer it at least warmed enough so the grease runs off.

You must be a Brit. ;-)

Cow should be served charred on the outside and warm pink on the inside. ;-)

Pink, though, not red. The fat has to be converted.

Cajun is a lot more than that, no? I love it, like that, with a ton of black pepper.

I don't cook. When I was living by myself last year (in the process of a move) I survived on pot pies, frozen pizza, and fish sticks. :-( I did go home for the weekend.

I thought about buying a smoker.

Not fond of ribeyes. I'd much rather have a NY strip or even just a sirloin.

My wife buys seasonings from Williams Sonoma. It's pretty good but they seem to get tired of carrying some stuff and have to change it.

I haven't added salt to any food for over thirty years. No need. Most is too salty already.

I'm leaving, already! Just let me get my drink out of the 'fridge and I'll get back to the game! <sheesh!>

On Sun, 17 Feb 2013 17:44:42 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

I do, about half of the times I use the MW. More often than not, just to heat liquid to a particular temp. It doesn't matter what temp the liquid is to start with, how much there is, or exactly what the liquid is--I just punch in the temp I want, and wait for the bell.

The wife still eats potatoes and popcorn, and those cook well in the MW. Of course you could argue that's not cooking, but rather just heating.
I'm actually having trouble thinking of any real cooking that I do in the MW--mostly just heating things up to a nice eating temp. I used to scramble eggs and cook them in the MW, but not anymore--it's just to rude to the fats in the yolks.
--
croy