GE GSS25JEM Refrigerator Adaptive Defrost Board

I have a 3 year old GE Side by Side refrig GSS25JEMBCC. Seems to have stopped going to defrost cycle (lots of snow forming in the freezer around the ice maker output chute). Pulled the internal back freezer panel and saw the coil coated with ice, and heater at bottom never seemed to turn on. I belive this runs with an adaptive defrost system, I could not find a mechanical timer in the frig or the GE parts list. So I am guessing there is a problem with either the adaptive defrost board, heater, defrost thermostat, or some other thermostat. Sound correct? Any debug tips? Is there a way to force a defrost on this model (I see documents for other models on the internet but not this one yet)?
snipped-for-privacy@gmavt.net (D Gardner) wrote in message

Hi,
Might be able to eliminate the defrost heater and defrost thermostat by ohming them for continuity....if the heater has continuity and the defrost thermostat ( when cold ) has continuity they should be ok. If they test bad, change and test the unit. Many/most of the electronic GE units cannot be put into defrost without buying some testing boards and such :(
http://www.pcappliancerepair.com/cgi-bin/promote-detail.cgi?affiliate_id=AppAid&item=WR55X10335&brand=GEH MAIN BOARD ASSY
http://www.pcappliancerepair.com/cgi-bin/promote-detail.cgi?affiliate_id=AppAid&item=WR55X10025&brand=GEH Temp/evap thermistor.