GE Front Loader Washer & Pedestal -- Use Support Pads?

I just had a new GE front load washer/dryer installed with the optional pedestals. The installer used the four support pads between the pedestal and the appliance (both washer and dryer). After reviewing the instructions and talking with GE, it appears that the four support pads are to only be used when fastened to the dryer. The installers were not aware of this and said they use the support pads on both otherwise there would be vibration. They are trying to find out what is right, but I wondered if anyone here has experience with it:
The procedure in question is on page two of the pedestal installation: http://products.geappliances.com/ApplProducts/Dispatcher?REQUEST=SPECPAGE&SKU=SBSD227FWW&SITEID=GEA&CHANNEL=CH0004&TABID=4
I would initially agree with the installer that the pads would help, but perhaps there is a more imperative reason they not be used.
Thanks for your time...

http://products.geappliances.com/ApplProducts/Dispatcher?REQUEST=SPECPAGE&SKU=SBSD227FWW&SITEID=GEA&CHANNEL=CH0004&TABID=4
follow the instructions that state to not install the pads with the washser.
Anyone have any ideas?
with all the water weight and spinning going on, i would follow the manufacturer's instructions.

pads would help, but perhaps with the weight they want the unit completely on the pedestal.
If noone else comes back with a respone, I will respond later tomorrow once I talk to a service tech about it.
Thanks for responding.
Are the heights of the 2 appliances exactly the same?
By the way, pedestals are nice until the appliance breaks.

http://products.geappliances.com/ApplProducts/Dispatcher?REQUEST=SPECPAGE&SKU=SBSD227FWW&SITEID=GEA&CHANNEL=CH0004&TABID=4
The washer as it is now with the pedestal and pads is slightly higher...less than 1/4 inch higher though.