GE frig with whirring freezer noise

Hello.... We have a 3 year old frig, GE model PTS22SH, a freezer-over design that has been "serviced" once for this problem: a recurring buzzing sound from the freezer section that I would imagine comes from some blower fan blade hitting ice buildup within the exchanger coils in that compartment. It happens quite frequently, especially on humid days and when the kids are opening the freezer more than usual. The annoyance comes and goes, sometimes persisting for a day and then returning a few days later. It stops when the fan stops, or the blockage goes away. The last service guy didn't say much about it, and my wife had no clue what he did. I'm wondering if there is a design flaw (like poor clearance) or if I have a lemon. Secondly, if this is what I think it is, I could fix the clearance issue, but can't see where the hidden screw are to remove the plastic casing over the vent assembly. Any ideas where I can get the assembly diagrams? GE doesn't even offer service manuals for sale !! Thanks for ideas.

Les

Reply to
les

I'd have to be there to see. But, I think I remember that there are two screws at the bottom of the vent tube, and the tube slides up about 1/4 inch to come out. The fan blade is often press fit on the shaft, might be able to press it a bit farther on, or off, as needed.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon