GE fridge keeps running when setting digital controls to "OFF"

I have a 6 month old GE counter depth stainless steel french door fridge like this

Last night I had to clean out a spill in the freezer section, so I wanted to turn off the fridge temporarily. I set the digital controls on the front door to OFF, but the fridge kept running, anotherwords, the blower kept running in the freezer, and it continued for the next

5-10 minutes or so while I was cleaning. Is it normal for this fridge to do this? I thought maybe there is some kind of delay. Perhaps someone with a similiar fridge can try and tell me if the same thing happens. Thanks.
Reply to
Mikepier