GE electric slide-in self cleaning auto lock won't lock door

I have a 10 year old GE electric slide in stove. It has a self cleaning feature that activates when you push the "auto self clean", then the

3:00 appears in the display and the door is suppose to automatically lock, instead, I get a "door" flashing and beeping and nothing happens. I have tried repositioning the door but nothing happens. Can anyone help? Thank you very much!
Reply to
sunni

Hi,

Model#?

model# helps.

Sounds like the lock motor may not be running, if your range has this style...possible bad lock assembly. Power to the lock motor should be checked.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid