GE Dryer Problem

Having problem with dryer. Drum turns and it heats a little, but not enough. I check venting from dryer to outside, no obstructions. I turned off lights and opened door (hold switch in) and started dryer. I expected to see the heating elements very clearly light/heat up. I didn't. I did feel some heat but it was very little. Dryer is about 3 years old. Model number DBSR45EB2WW. Could this be a bad high level thermostat? Thaks Larry

Reply to
LCZ

Gas dryer or electric?

If electric, it probably runs on 240Volts, maybe one side of your feed is bad, typically the motor runs on 120 Volts and the heat on 240 Volts... check the breakers in the breaker box.

Mark

Reply to
Mark

Hi, Sounds like heating element is getting half juice(should run on 220V). High level thermostat has no business in this case. Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

try

buffalobill

Without a multi-tester you'll just be guessing. That could get expensive. Buy a cheap tester and check your voltage, if ok then you can test components with ohm meter function.

Reply to
Ed

Hi,

Sure. Could be bad elements, bad operating thermostat(s), bad timer, bad motor heat switch, bad selector switch, burnt/loose wire.....

I'd check the elements as a place to start, do a visual inspection.

Closest I found was DBSR453EB2WW

element assembly with housing

element coils only

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

Most dryers have three to four seperate heater circuits with thermo switches of different degrees. To maintain different temp settings. My guess is that some of these thermo swithces are shot and bneed replaced. Not an expensive repair if you can DIYS. Jack

Reply to
tinacci336