GE Diswasher - Drain Problem

I have a GE Dishwasher: model # GSD1200T02

serial # fr743510

The unit seems to be filling fine, but does not have enough water to clean or rinse the dishes. I have cleaned the inlet screen, I think it is filling ok. The problem appears to be in the drain, when the machine goes to drain the drain is not closing, thus all the water that is trying to fill; runs out. Is this a timer issue ? or a drain valve issue ?

Thanks in advance for any help. Derek.-

Reply to
Derek Atkin

Hi,

Fill level should be just under the heating element.

The drain solenoid could be cooked and is stuck in the drain mode holding the drain valve open, drain valve inside the motor-pump assy may be stuck open or held open with something ( toothpic, bone, ect ).

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff