GE diswaher drain problem

Hi,
I have a GE dishwasher (GE GSD5940D00SS) that does not drain correctly. There is a ton of info available on the web to help diagnose the issue and I have tried just about everything to find the cause. I have checked all the hoses/air gap for blockage and there is none. I also know the drain hose is clear because the dishwasher drains correctly when the auxilary pump is running. I have also replaced the check valve/plunger. The primary pump and impellor seem to be okay (have inspected both and there seems to be good pressure in wash mode). Finally, the drain solenoid is operating at the appropriate time.
What I am suspecting the issue is is related to the following comment I saw in another post:
"How this unit works is...the timer send voltage to the drain solenoid for a short period of time, then disconnects the power. The water pressure that is created by the pump is what **keeps** the drain valve open, until the water pressure/volume is low enough for the drain valve spring to overcome and the valve closes."
When draining with the primary pump, I do see the solenoid engage fully, but don't see the water pressure force the drain valve fully open. If I force the drain valve fully open, it does stay open long enough to drain the dishwasher. Any ideas?
Jeff

The last (and I do mean LAST) GE I had, had a drain valve that essentially was a diverter valve so that instead of pumping the water thru the washer arms in "opened" and pumped the water to the drain. The valve became gunked up and corroded and simply didn't move freely like it should and as a result the machine stopped draining all the water and the dishes never got cleaned properly. Even with mucking around trying to clean it and lube it and fiddle with the spring it never worked right. As I recall it was built into a bigger assembly and not replaceable by itself. Since we had come to hate the machine for other faults we just scrapped it and bought a Kenmore, which has worked flawlessly.
I recently had drain problems with a GE dish washer. This model had two valves made of flexible material. They had been chewed up and were not diverting the water as planned. TB