ge dishwasher shuts off

Hi was wondering if anyone knows what this might be?GE dishwasher came with the house when i bought it figure its around 1992 model give or take a few years.Dishwasher will shut off in the middle of a wash cycle and if i try to restart it by turning the knob to start nothing happens! if i wait and try it the next day it works! Any ideas on what it can be?Thanks

Reply to
hd1

Sounds like it might be a thermal over temp cutout on the motor? Not sure if they have one, but if they do, that is how it would act. It takes time for it to cool off again.

Reply to
trader4

A 1992 model dishwasher has performed above and beyond the call of duty. Dishwashers are inexpensive enough today. I would replace it in a heartbeat. FWIW, Rick

Reply to
Rick Shaw

I bought a new d.washer to replace one that wouldn't work. When I dissconnected the old one, I found the water line clogged at the connection. Well the new one was already sitting there so I removed the old and installed the new. I have had the clogging occure on the new once in 10 years. There is a water level float on them to prevent over filling. I have had that guy stick in the up (turn off water position). It was easy to loosen and I was told to do a HOT wash every once in a while to prevent it from happening again. Seems the detergent builds up where it slides up and down otherwise. Good Luck.

Reply to
rdglide03-dbasedos